Naturalmat was started with the aim of helping babies and children sleep safely and comfortably in the best, most natural environment possible. Harnessing the amazing potential of natural and organic materials like organic coir, natural latex and organic cotton, we have created a range of hand crafted mattresses that are superbly comfortable, breathable, washable and non-allergenic.
We are pioneers in natural fibre technology and have developed the most comfortable range of mattresses using innovative new raw materials.
- Organic lambswool from certified Soil Association farms as well as being anti-dust mite, anti-bed bug and anti-moth.
- Organic coir fibre- this sustainable material greatly enhances the ventilation and spring of the mattress.
- Horsehair tail- this is one of the most highly prized materials in the upholstery industry. It has long been used in mattress making for its incredible resilience and superior spring. We needle the horsehair tail onto a Hessian backing which provides extra strength and protection for the springs whilst still allowing flexibility for independent movement.
- Mohair from an environmentally conscious source as well as being biodegradable.
- Organic cotton- All our organic cotton sheets and bedding are certified in accordance with GOTS by the Soil Association.
These raw materials are combined to create a truly green product.
With the aim of achieving the perfect natural sleeping environment, we’ve created a long lasting, sustainable product that is highly environmentally responsible and performs significantly better than its synthetic alternative in terms of comfort, as well as durability.